Sunday, September 27, 2020

The One-Word Mantra to Change Your Life

The COVID quarantine has been a unique time for everybody around the world. Regardless of the frustrations, it can’t be denied that it provided an unprecedented kind of leisure which could entice to think about any unthinkable.

You sit and think about your life.

You think about bringing a change in your life.

 Humm….. how about reinvent yourself.

Oh, how about digging out what you already know and forgot in the hustle of life.

Yeeesss, it happened to me.

I started off reinventing myself, thinking into myself.

…………………. I love drawing, I mean everything related to art.

Humm…………. I love sewing, have been creative in sewing stuff but never got enough time to satiate my real love for it.

Oh my, I love reading too.

Hey, I think I am traveling through time, or it's traveling through self? I don’t know. I also love gardening, growing plants; it’s such a blissful experience to watch life being created and grown. It’s a very womanly thing hu? Creation!

 Writing!  My wish /hobby or hobby /wish, I am not sure.

 I love to be able to write. Let me share with you that I have a love/hate relationship with the scholarly writing where you have to reference every word and idea. A drawback is that I have become so much programmed on references that I need a reference for everything even in everyday chat. It’s frustrating for me how people would talk about universal assumptions without any reference. Well, most of the motivational speakers around the nation are driving me crazy for that.

Let me share a funny thing about it. One of my sisters found a little innocent solution to save me of that annoying pain. she started adding to her chat “research says that “bla bla bla (and then tells what she wants). She thought that adding the phrase “research says” would let her take the conversation smoothly but…. I blame myself for the breaks in conversations. Well, her strategy was cute though, wasn’t it?

Ok, so let’s get back on the self-discovery travel.

I got to my computer and phone as well and started googling and youtubing (I coined this word-so blame me for that) everything anyway related or unrelated to what I wanted to do.

hhhhhhhhhh.

How about I give you a one-word summary of all those blogs, websites, books, articles, and videos, etc.

To speak the truth, it was the one-point mantra

 

START!!!!!!!

Soooo simple! Isn’t that?  whatever you want to do, whatever you want to be, you have to start. So, if you are in the same situation no matter how much different than mine, I bet the mantra is the same for all. You have to start and the rest of the steps would follow by themselves.

So here is what are my startups.

I started drawing a beautiful woman’s face

 

(picture of my drawing)


I started a sewing project.

(reference: my little sunshine Amtul’s idea was to make dresses for our goats for Eid)

Here are my goats in the picture wearing their beautiful dresses.




I downloaded audiobooks for my love of reading (thanks to YouTube for providing free audiobooks).

I turn on those audiobooks when I am working in the kitchen cos that’s the

only place I have to be alone working, otherwise, impossible as a mom to be by myself. Thanks to the hot summer nobody wants to be with me in the kitchen at least. I enjoyed the book “the meaning of life” by Viktor E. Frankl a lot.


I noticed that several of the onions that I had placed in a basket had sprouted already. I buried the bulbs in the ground. I hope to get green leaves in a short time. Moreover, I grew bottle gourd seeds and they became big plants. I have harvested plenty of that vegie from the plant and shared it with family and friends. I dried Jamun seeds from the fruit and just buried in the soil, but they haven’t germinated yet.


In the end, my wish for writing is in your hands and you have read it.

My first creative leisurely writing!!!!!!

After all this, don’t you think the mantra was real?

So much change, growth, and pleasure in life, just from starting!!!!

 


1 comment:

  1. I read above paragraphs the story was very nice. I will read this article fully when i get time. Article seems helpful.

    ReplyDelete

خود سے محبت کریں جب آپ کسی سے محبت کرتے ہیں تو آپ ان کے ساتھ زیادہ سے زیادہ وقت گزارنا چاہتے ہیں اور  ان کے بارے میں زیادہ سے زیادہ جانتا ...