Thursday, October 1, 2020

 

God is looking at us when we are trifling in the world

 

I mean to say that looking at minute things from above, from a higher level can teach us bigger lessons. In childhood, we used to read the story of a king who was sitting in distress after losing a battle. Suddenly his attention was captured by a little ant that was trying to climb up something. It would try to climb but fall each time. The ant failed several times but didn’t give up until, in the end, it succeeded after several attempts. When I grew up a little, though I believed in the moral of the story, but the details looked a little awkward to me.

Yesterday I was looking at my 5 years old daughter. She was playing with petty little stuff like a few twigs and little stones. She was holding the little twigs and chanting something, making up a poetic story. She would run here and there, laughing and busy in meaningless things. I am older so I was looking at all her playing as a silly and useless activity, but she was so busy with it and was taking that as very important. Would she believe if I tell her that all that she was doing was a total stupidity? I am sure she won’t.

So, I thought if someone above us looks at us men and women busy in the world, do we look silly the same way? All the worldly activities rolled in my mind. Yes, they are silly as well as brutal because unlike little kids we grown-up people commit a lot of brutalities, injustices, hypocrisies, etc. children play is just to amuse themselves but the adults’ activities are mostly obnoxious and focus on traumatizing others.

If God is looking at us from above and we seem so silly, I have to look at my daughter again. I want to find and pick up something of value for adults from her silly playful activities. There is something for sure. When I get angry at her sometimes and stop talking to her, she would immediately come and kiss me on the cheeks. She would do it again and again, my heart melts on the first kiss though. So, I want to take away that lesson from her and I hope that when we make God angry over some of our silly worldly activities, we can always go back and show repentance and try to regain His love.

At the end back to the king’s story again…………. that seems so logical to me now.


                                           (She is probably contemplating over my thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

خود سے محبت کریں جب آپ کسی سے محبت کرتے ہیں تو آپ ان کے ساتھ زیادہ سے زیادہ وقت گزارنا چاہتے ہیں اور  ان کے بارے میں زیادہ سے زیادہ جانتا ...